3/4/08

F2S HEADS OUT / FUTURE WESTERN

Its time to get FADE TO STATIC to the eyes and ears of the curious viewer!
Film Festivals!
Feel the heat!
I was almost obligated to enter FADE TO STATIC in the big heavy hitters (SUNDANCE + SXSW) but feel very excitied about the numerous film festivals have opened the sluice gates of alternative film events; my short list includes Boston, RI, ROOFTOP, ACE, ACTION/CUT, London, Roxbury, Philly, Chicago, The Tank, American Black, The Moving Image fest, Louisiana, SF,...

I need music while I work. What will it be?
Recent music obsessions include the musac offered by American Apperal, Viva Radio + mixes + singles offered by BLACKDISCO & LOVEFINGERS (fingertracks) + ENNIO MORRICONE.



When I was young I watched Westerns on WLVI 56 with crappy overdubs and even worse print quality. Lee Van Cleef was without a doubt my fav. And the sounds; - the chorus cries and timpanis and grandness of the throwdown! There were a couple of tunes that put a tear in my eye and the only other person who could do that was Jay Dilla.

No comments: