4/24/08

JUMP IN MY WHIP AND RIDE

I miss riding around in this car.

My friend Ben (aka cosmosis aka wildstar) gave me this car. He was moving to Oregon and not taking it with him. I was required to attend a fun orientation where we drove around the block to get to know this behavior of this old car. It wasn't like a Honda or anything - it was an old car. Ben told me repeatedly that, “Its an old car”.

A 1967 Ford Galaxie 500. 2-door Convertible, Black.

Photobucket

Photobucket

That summer I rode this hoopdie with the top down (another story) and drove around listing to WILD AM 1090 on a boombox. This car was not to be driven over 50 mph.
Eventually I sold it on Ebay for $500 to a cat from NOLA who drove up with a flat bed and took it away. He had another he restored and wanted to start on this one.

I wish it was a Biodeisel model - seems like Big Oil wins again - except now its big Agro and there are riots.

GALAXIE FUN FACTS
Because this car originated in Martha's Vineyard, MA I have a strange feeling that members of the band Galaxie 500 cruised around in it in a past life previewing On Fire.

Apparently the 2 door was more favored than the 4 door model.

The Ford Galaxie was a work horse in its day - city vehicles and cop cars. After owning it I love spotting it in moments of cinema - it starred in that very creepy film Zodiac.

Photobucket

1 comment:

bitsy said...

Yes, and how many tickets did it get while parked in the space shown in picture #2???