11/1/09

HALLOWEEN 2009

This year's costume had been sitting in my head for some time. I wanted to be a Carnival Steel Drum Timekeeper; basically I would recreate an elaborate headdress as seen on a great Steel Drum record I have....but this year I was on a crunch, having just returned from travel assignments for 2 weeks straight and one night to build Rome in Trinidad. Right.

So I went with the old stand by.


Halloween 2004 saw the creation of The Savage Severe; on the surface the street gang costume is imposing and shields the spirit of The Severe; support and comradery matched by the tangible output of the groups creative individuals. That year also saw one of the few occasions of Savage Severe gathering in one mini-party place.



Halloween 2005 I represented the gang solo with a Halloween twist.




I AM THE SAVAGE SEVERE, 2005



Halloween 2009, The Savage Severe returns; this time less "Country Willie" more "Dam Funk".




































No comments: