5/18/09

LA LANDSCAPE EXPERIENCES



Edition of 3, Lauren Bon, 2006



Recent assignments have been tossing me around the country.
I spent most of last week in LA and this visit allowed for some great tastes of the surroundings. I cannot imagine living with orange and lemon fruit trees growing in the backyard right near aqueducts - always empty, running in an endless network over the region, scorched dust.


While waiting for the sun to set on Hollywood Blvd (literally) I killed some time and cruse the scene:
a thrift store (Hawaiian shirts)
some cornball 'tobacco' shops
an exotic shoe store
1 arrest on the street
a news stand straight from the east coast

Later I would give directions to a young girl straight off the plane - with two large suitcases in tote. I wasn't much help since I was roaming around too.

So there's a Beauty Bar in LA? The NY location once played host to the ever changing happenings of the OZ experience. Prof. Z & Capt. Heartlock are not to be missed in NYC.


Becoming further immersed and toward a sense of my surrounding space, I stumbled across the LA FORUM FOR ARCHITECTURE & URBAN DESIGN.

Inside, an intense, low lit presentation in progress and a the sign on the store font window underwrote a general on-camera appearance disclaimer. I decided to peek and move on...more on these folks in the future.


The LACE space was right next door. I had the gallery to myself hours before a evening of fun in line with this week’s Live & Silent Auctions

LA’s culture community was def in Crenshaw Blvd full swing.

Big props to the Lakers for taking in there btw.

No comments: