6/15/09

DEBACLE.




Need to kill time in LA?

Go see a movie, Duh!?

I popped into The Montalban and caught a skate film by Jason Hernandez; DEBACLE. The 25 min. piece was great and loaded with the director's choice of Bad Brains music. I was never a skater and never pretend to be (at my age) but I was straight up clapping along with the young heads in the place. The Q&A was great, complete with the full underwriting of the new way of doing film biz (good Producers, short format, rabid audience, HD, buck the trends, f*ck the rest) and Hernandez opened up his FCP edit to show the next wave what was what.

NOTE TO MARKETING DIRECTORS: taking over a film theater as NIKE has is a great way to run top flight media with your company at the helms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was reading about the lady who did the CBGBs documentary. Her next project is a Bad Brains documentary.